GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass
This was the best conference I attended after years of my medical school. The speakers were thorough and made my concepts of depression and bipolar very clear.
Dr Goel, Australia
If the date doesn't suit you, why not join our newsletter to hear about upcoming course?
The GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass is held in several state capitals
Please contact us to find out about the next event.
- Mornington Sat 27th October 2018 – ADVANCED
- Brisbane Sat 18th August 2018
- Melbourne Sat 25th August 2018
- Sydney Sat 2nd June 2018
- Perth Sat 26th May 2018
- Sydney Sat 24th February 2018
- Brisbane Sat 10th February 2018
- Melbourne Sat 3rd February 2018
- Adelaide Sat 9th December 2017
- Perth on Sat 18th March 2017
- Sydney on Sat 25th March 2017
- Melbourne on Sat 1st April 2017
- Brisbane on Sat 27th May 2017
- Tasmania Sat 21st October 2017
- Mornington Sat 4th November 2017
The GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass enhances the General Practitioner’s ability to diagnose, treat and manage common presentations of mental disorders across the lifespan. Interactive case studies are used to illustrate appropriate strategies for developing comprehensive formulation and patient management plans. Booklet and access to psychiatry interview videos are provided to enhance interviewing skills along with concise knowledge of evidence-based management.
Dr Sanil Rege and renowned guest speakers take you on a journey of interactive learning with real-life cases to enhance real-life skills. You will learn to:
- Perform risk assessments and outline key steps in management of risk in primary care.
- Identify and recognise common presentations of mental illness in primary care.
- Identify presentations that should be referred for specialist care.
- Reproduce diagnostic criteria for depression, psychosis, anxiety and substance use disorders.
- Formulate patient’s presentations in a bio-psychosocial model.
- Distinguish between Axis I and Axis II (personality disorders).
- Write a mental health care plan.
- Implement a devised mental health care plan.
- Discuss choice of appropriate medication for common mental disorders.
- Explain common mental illnesses to families and carers
Contact us for the upcoming events. Stay tuned for more events in your state in 2019.
Get the latest news and offers from Psych Scene!