Complete your Mental Health Skills training with Psych Scene
The GP Mental Health Skills Masterclasses by Psych Scene are RACGP and ACRRM accredited and aimed to enhance the General Practitioner’s ability to diagnose, treat and manage common presentations of mental disorders across the lifespan.
“Absolutely terrific, real understanding of what education is helpful to us as GPs. Never had this quality psychiatric education. Thank you so much.”
GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass Intro
If the date doesn't suit you, why not join our newsletter to hear about upcoming course?
GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass
MHST Primary Pathway Activity 181294
- Perform risk assessments and outline key steps in management of risk in primary care
- Identify and recognise common presentations of mental illness in primary care
- Identify presentations that should be referred for specialist care
- Reproduce diagnostic criteria for depression, psychosis, anxiety and substance use disorders
- Formulate patient’s presentations in a bio-psychosocial model
- Distinguish between Axis I and Axis II (personality disorders)
- Write a mental health care plan
- Implement a devised mental health care plan
- Discuss choice of appropriate medication for common mental disorders
- Explain common mental illnesses to families and carers
- Earn 40 CPD points and claim Medicare items 2715 and 2717
- Access online training material for psychiatric interviewing
This activity is accredited with the RACGP and the GPMHSC for the 2020-22 triennium. Eligibility to access the item numbers 2715 and 2717 is subject to approval by Medicare.
Advanced GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass
MHST Modular Pathway CEM Activity 183289
- Intended for GPs who have previously attended the Primary Pathway Activity 181294
- Learn more about the specific management of complex psychiatric cases and co-morbidities in one full day of expert training
- Perform risk assessments and manage risk in a primary care setting with knowledge of referral pathways for acute presentations at an advanced level
- Apply focused interview questions based on diagnostic criteria for individual psychiatric disorders to maximise diagnostic efficiency in a short span of time
- Develop a formulation based on bio-psycho-socio-cultural-lifestyle factors. This formulation will form the basis behind the GP Mental health treatment plan.
- Prescribe antidepressants, antipsychotics and mood stabilisers with confidence based on evidence-based principles.
- Match the appropriate psychological technique to the disorder which is linked to improved patient outcomes
This is a Clinical Enhancement Module (CEM) activity, and requires completion of a Core Module to enable eligibility to access item numbers 2715 and 2717. Eligibility is subject to approval by Medicare.
Get the latest news and offers from Psych Scene!